Graham Watkins wrote:
Margot wrote:

Graham Watkins wrote:

Hi Dudes,

Thought I'd see what all the fuss is about with xfce4. Trouble is some things don't seem to work. Don't have any menus any more - is this right?

The menus should appear if you right-click anywhere on the desktop. Did you not find this, or is it not working for you?

Not working for me I'm afraid.

And finally (for now) the terminal icon doesn't work (although I can get a terminal by opening the manual and starting another shell).

I had the same problem - it seems to try to call up a type of terminal I didn't have installed! Solution was to right-click on the icon, select "properties", and change the command to konsole.

Margot

Thanks Margot, I'll try that.

I've R'ing the TFM and there seems to be loads more stuff I don't seem to have. This is what makes me think I'm missing parts of the package.

I seem to remember that the main bit came from Charles Edwards' source, with some additional bits from either plf or contrib...might be worth opening up the software installer on MCC and just searching for anything with xfce4 in the name...

Margot