Hi Team

Im just getting to know Linux and Mandrake and need to know how Linux/Mandrake handles
the following situation:-

1) Lets say I install Mandrake on one PC, and setup web servers (Apache), services etc.

2) Then I move that hard disk to another machine - but this second machine has
different m/board, video, network etc. (Im proposing to do it this way to minimise
down time on the PC Im moving the hard disk to)

Questions: What are the likelyhoods of Mandrake booting to a command line? Booting to
a GUI?

If it can only boot to a command line/gui what can I do to get it to recognise the new
hardware?

Would a full reinstall over the top recognise the new hardware and yet leave
application setups (like Apache) configured?

What whould you suggest is the best way to handle this problem?  (And if simply
installing on the second PC is the easiest then please tell me that too)  :-)

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers

Cheers

Mark :-)