SK> On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 06:25, EE wrote:
>> I just installed emacs/w3 but I could not run it? what should I type to
>> run it?

SK> pico

SK> stephen kuhn - proprietor

SK> *** DO YOU HAVE A RESTLESS URGE TO PROGRAM? *** Do you want the instant
SK> respect that comes from being able to use technical terms that nobody
SK> understands? Do you want to strike fear and loathing into the hearts of
SK> DP managers everywhere? If so, then let the Famous Programmers' School
SK> lead you on... into the world of professional computer programming. ***
SK> IS PROGRAMMING FOR YOU? *** Programming is not for everyone. But, if you
SK> have the desire to learn, we can help you get started. All you need is
SK> the Famous Programmers' Course and enough money to keep those lessons
SK> coming month after month. *** TAKE OUR FREE APTITUDE TEST *** To help
SK> determine if you are qualified to be a programmer, take a moment to try
SK> this simple test: (1) Write down the numbers from zero to nine and the
SK> first six letters of the alphabet (Hint: 0123456789ABCDEF). (2) Whose
SK> picture is on the back of a twenty-dollar bill? (3) What is the state
SK> capital of Idaho? If you managed to read all three questions without
SK> wondering why we asked them, you may have a future as a computer
SK> programmer.

Pico isn't GPL software. Use Nano, a GPL-based clone, instead. (urpmi nano)

It comes in the contribs of Mandrake. If you're just looking for a basic Notepad-like
editor, Nano is the way to go.

Justin Grote
Network Architect, CCNA
The Whistlepunk
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (remove nospam-)
SMS:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (remove nospam-)
Phone: (208) 631-5440