Hi "Mrs. Karen Heiby" !

On 11/9/99 3:24:52 AM, you wrote:
>I would like to get a new external modem and a PS/2 mouse, OR an internal
>modem and a PS/2 mouse (that's how my system has to be set up).
>I would appreciate anyone's brand name recommendations for the least hassle
>getting these to work in Linux-Mandrake.

For a modem, 3Com/USRobotics non-Winmodems work great (either internal
or external), and for a mouse, Logitech are excellent.  Both are pretty
much plug in, tell Mdk what they are, and they work!  I've got an internal
3c/USR 56k plain faxmodem and a Logitech First Mouse Plus, both work well,
though I dunno how to get the scroll-wheel to work on the mouse (anyone
got any ideas?).
In general, any mouse should work fine, but stay well clear of any
"Winmodem" type modems, they suck!

Damien Mc Kenna   Keene State College, BSc Computer Science Student
http://www.mckenna.brinet.net/    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    ICQ 17066133