On Friday 09 Jul 2004 11:27, Thomas Ewald wrote:
> When I boot up Mandrake 10 in the verbose mode,it
> states that ETH01 fails. My card is networked to a
> Gigafast Ethernet E440-R router. Now, I am connected
> currently within Mandrake 10, so the ethernet
> connection is working, but it is EXTREMELY slow. Well,
> even that isn't quite right. When I log onto a
> connection-testing site, it shows that my connection
> is just fine. But web pages load slowly. In Windows, I
> would think that that was a problem with my video
> card, but I don't know Linux very well.
>
> TIA,
>
> Tom Ewald

From Mandrake Control Centre
Network>ManageConnections>Options

Uncheck Network Hotplugging

then restart networking from Mandrake Control Centre>System>Services

If that does not help. Open a terminal enter 'su' to become root user then

'ifconfig'

You will see a page showing the state of your link. If you see anything in the
'collisions' counter, then your connection is trying to work half duplex. In
that case come back with details of the ethernet card and driver you are
using, and I will show you how to force half or full duplex.

HTH
derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net