Okay, I'm still trying to sort out stuff on my sons comp and here is the
latest problem (I don't know why I didn't notice this earlier). We have a 4
comp LAN here, 3 desktops hardwired, and 1 laptop via wireless. The comps run
like this:

192.168.0.100 darkforce.ky.org (my main comp, v9.2, no problems)
192.168.0.101 darkforce2.ky.org (my sons - the 10.0 problem comp)
192.168.0.102 darkforce3.ky.org (younger son, v9.2 no problems)
192.168.0.104 darkforce4.ky.org (my laptop, v9.2, no problems)

On my sons comp, I have:
192.168.0.101 darkforce2.ky.org darkforce2
in /etc/hosts

I've got:
HOSTNAME=darkforce2.ky.org
IPADDR=192.168.0.101
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

and I set the IP address and hostname in the Internet wizard as well as being
root and just doing a "hostname darkforce2.ky.org".

Never the less, when I open up a terminal, or do uname -a, it reports the
system as being "darkforce3.ky.org". As root, I can do a "hostname
darkforce2.ky.org", log out of any terminal and log back in and then it shows
the correct hostname. Until I reboot. Then the "3" shows up again.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on here? Thanks!

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord