I have installed 10.0 on my hp ze4325us laptop and the basic install was
great. Video, sound, wired lan all working out of the box. I have not messed
with samba or printing yet but I am working on getting  DWLG650 card to work.

I have found and ollowed several howtos and managed to update the kernel and
install the modules. I have created the network script and have added alias
ath0 ath_pci to modules.conf and modprobe.

During startup I get the message the Ath0_pci cannot find the hardware.
ineither ifconfig or iwconfig show the ath0.

dmesg give me the following:
ath_hal: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
ath_hal: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
ath_hal: No versions for exported symbols. Tainting kernel.
ath_hal: 0.9.5.3 BETA (Sam Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
wlan: No versions for exported symbols. Tainting kernel.
wlan: 0.7.1.1 BETA (Sam Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
ath_pci: 0.8.3.2 BETA (Sam Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
PCI: Enabling device 0000:02:00.0 (0000 -> 0002)
ath_pci: cache line size not set; forcing 8
ath%d: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13

Can anyone point me to what to do next?

Is there a wireless  G card out there that you can just pop in and go?

Thanks,

Pat Patterson