Pat Patterson wrote:

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 02:29 pm, Kevin Ferguson wrote:

Pat Patterson wrote:

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 10:13 am, Kevin Ferguson wrote:

Hi Mate

Try this this link http://sourceforge.net/projects/acx100/ I have a dwl
520+ got it working on 9.1 but not on mandrake 10.  Also try this link
too which will help http://www.houseofcraig.net/acx100_howto.php.

I've yet to find a wireless card that works straight away.  I use a
netgear ma401ra pcmcia on my dell inspiron 4000 that works fine but
needs a little tweaking.

Hope the above links will be of some assistance.

Regards
Kevin

Hi Kevin,
Thanks but the dwlg650 use the Atheros chip. The howto did have some good
info in it though. I am also trying to use a dwl130e as a result. It
loads and configures but I have not been able to connect with it either.
I will work on it some more tomorrow.

Thanks,

Pat

Hi Pat

How far have you gotten with the card so far?

Hi Kevin,
Last night I got the dwl 120 e configured with minimal problems. I should have worked but it did not. This evening I did a little more research and discovered that the atmel module does not work in the 2.6 kernel. I switched to the 2.4 and it came right up. I found a patch for 2.6 which I will apply as soon as I figure out how to apply a patch ;-) This at least gets me out of my office and into my Lazy-Boy to do email and news groups even if I have to drag a USB adapter with me. I am a happy camper. On to printing, samba, but for now I have my first totally usable Mandrake machine since I started playing wth 7.2 Hurrah!!! I will go back to the DWL g650 card once I have stopped gloating and have actully gotten a full weeks worth of real work done under Mandrake.
Thanks for the help,

Pat

Hi Pat

It great too see your got your card working :) I'll have to sort mine out at somepoint when I can be bothred. Is the dwlg650 11.b or 11g card for your laptop? I might consider getting one.

Regards
Kevin