On Wednesday 14 July 2004 02:29 pm, Kevin Ferguson wrote:
> Pat Patterson wrote:
> >On Tuesday 13 July 2004 10:13 am, Kevin Ferguson wrote:
> >>Hi Mate
> >>
> >>Try this this link http://sourceforge.net/projects/acx100/ I have a dwl
> >>520+ got it working on 9.1 but not on mandrake 10.  Also try this link
> >>too which will help http://www.houseofcraig.net/acx100_howto.php.
> >>
> >>I've yet to find a wireless card that works straight away.  I use a
> >>netgear ma401ra pcmcia on my dell inspiron 4000 that works fine but
> >>needs a little tweaking.
> >>
> >>Hope the above links will be of some assistance.
> >>
> >>Regards
> >>Kevin
> >
> >Hi Kevin,
> >Thanks but the dwlg650 use the Atheros chip. The howto did have some good
> > info in it though. I am also trying to use a dwl130e as a result. It
> > loads and configures but I have not been able to connect with it either.
> > I will work on it some more tomorrow.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Pat

> >____________________________________________________
> >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
> >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
> >Join the Club : http://www.mandrakeclub.com
> >____________________________________________________
>
> Hi Pat
>
> How far have you gotten with the card so far?
Hi Kevin,
Last night I got the dwl 120 e configured with minimal problems. I should have
worked but it did not. This evening I did a little more research and
discovered that the atmel module does not work in the 2.6 kernel. I switched
to the 2.4 and it came right up. I found a patch for 2.6 which I will apply
as soon as I figure out how to apply a patch ;-) This at least gets me out of
my office and into my Lazy-Boy to do email and news groups even if I have to
drag a USB adapter with me. I am a happy camper. On to printing, samba, but
for now I have my first totally usable Mandrake machine since I started
playing wth 7.2 Hurrah!!!  I will go back to the DWL g650 card once I have
stopped gloating and have actully gotten a full weeks worth of real work done
under Mandrake.
Thanks for the help,

Pat