On Saturday 17 July 2004 12:31 pm, JRH wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Yes, the libjpeg was an error on my part, and the appropriate devel
> installed, got over the problem.
>
> However, on the qt front, I do indeed have a newer version of qt installed.
> The problem being, I cant install the earlier version, as in order to do
> so, software installer wants to remove virtually the whole of KDE, owing to
> dependencies. Looks like it's going to be a non starter then!

This is the main reason I have begun to try to stick with prebuilt rpms for
the version of mandrake i am running.  I have had the same problems as you
with compiling programs.  Its a bummer but....

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Mon Jul 19 13:13:05 EDT 2004
 13:13:05 up 13:13,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00