On Monday 19 July 2004 01:35 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

> ->I asked about this 3 days ago and got one response which didn't help.
>  Every ->hour, about 24 times a day (though some are skipped), I'm getting
> an email ->which says it's a logDrake Mail Alert in the subject.  The body
> of the email ->has the date and time.  There is no other information. ->
> ->Is it trying to tell me something?  If not, how do I disable this?  Isn't
> ->there supposed to be some text telling what the alert is about?

> Sounds like something from /etc/cron.hourly. I'd go in there and check out
> what is setup.

Ron, I was doubtful, but here's my logdrake_service and it DOES look like it's
set up to send a blank email every hour!  I know nothing about scripting, is
there an if/then statement missing?  I certainly didn't change anything, any
ideas how this happened?

Any advice appreciated -- another 24 blank emails today. <grin>

=-=-=
[EMAIL PROTECTED] cron.hourly]$ cat logdrake_service
#!/usr/bin/perl
# generated by logdrake
use MDK::Common;
my $r = "*** " . chomp_(`date`) . " ***\n";

#- check services
$r .= "Service postfix (Postfix Mail Server is not running)\n" unless -e
"/var/lock/subsys/postfix";
$r .= "Service xinetd (Xinetd Service is not running)\n" unless -e
"/var/lock/subsys/xinetd";
#- load
my ($load) = split ' ', first(cat_("/proc/loadavg"));
$r .= "Load is huge: $load\n" if $load > 3;

#- report it

my $email = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';

local *F;
open F, '|/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t';