On Monday 19 July 2004 08:39 pm, Jerry Cornelius wrote:
> On Monday 19 July 2004 01:35 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> > ->I asked about this 3 days ago and got one response which didn't help.
> >  Every ->hour, about 24 times a day (though some are skipped), I'm
> > getting an email ->which says it's a logDrake Mail Alert in the subject.
> > The body of the email ->has the date and time.  There is no other
> > information. -> ->Is it trying to tell me something?  If not, how do I
> > disable this?  Isn't ->there supposed to be some text telling what the
> > alert is about?
> >
> > Sounds like something from /etc/cron.hourly. I'd go in there and check
> > out what is setup.

Got this fixed, it seems, as there's been no hourly email at 0700 this
morning.  Ron correctly led me to /etc/cron.hourly where there was a
scripty-thing that would send an email with an error message if one of 3
conditions were met, and (strangely) send an email with no error no
conditions were met.

Thinking about it a bit before-shower I decided to jump into Logdrake and use
the wizard there to remake that file.  I did.  The emails stopped.  I checked
the file and it now has only one condition (load>3) and that seems to be
conditional.

My sincere thanks to Ron, the only response I received.