Op Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:54:27 -0600 schreef Ron Hunter-Duvar:

>Anyone out there ever written a script to send email messages?
>
>Is there a simple way to do this? Can I somehow tell kmail to do it for
>me? If not, can someone point me to some good instructions for
>configuring postfix to do what I need without interfering with email
>to/from my isp, and without opening up security holes in my system
>(e.g. an open relay).

Postfix is easy, you can find all info on
www.postfix.org/documentation.html.

The script-way to send mail is through 'mail'. 'mail' is a program. I
think it is always installed with Mandrake, I never had to look for it.

E.g.

cat textfile_with_message | mail
[EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED] -s "Here is the
subject"

(all in one line)

Another option is the here-document way, if the contents of the mail is
always the same:

mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] -s "Subject" << @end
This is it.
@end