> > > Rob, do you check your inbox and spam folder for FN's and FP's before
> > > running your script?  I take it you have auto-learn 0 in your local.cf?
> >
> > FN? FP? auto-learn 0? local.cf?
> >
> > I have no idea what these are. If you help me decode this, maybe I can
> > figure out what you are asking.
> >
> > Rob
>
> FN's = False Negatives, a 'spam' that has been marked as 'ham' by SA
> FP's = False Positives, a 'ham' that has been marked as 'spam' by SA

I have KMail move all my mail that SA thinks is spam into a folder called SpamPile. I
let KMail delete any message that is older than 3 days from there. If I get a FP, I
put it in the box where it belongs, if I get a FN, I place it in SpamPile. I run a
script I wrote called spam-learn that runs sa-learn for various folders, that I have
classified as spam or ham.

> Below is my /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf:
Never edited this one.

Literally, all I do is place the FP or FN into the correct box (which rarely needs to
be done) and run my_rules_du_jour once a week. I get very few spams in my inbox and
about 20 a day are sent to me.

Rob