On Sunday 25 July 2004 6:26 pm, SME Server Admin wrote:

> Well. I've installed Spam Assassin via the instructions, however since
> setting it up my inbound spam has dropped considerably :( Drat. No, really,
> I wanted to sort out the rules... Anyway, it's monday tomorrow and
> everything is busy in the week.
>
> Spamming me is a 9-5 Job? Unlikely but...

I filter all my mail with SA through KMail. Which I guess is what you do too,
as Kontact just brings up KMail.

As you have probably done, pipe all your mail through SA with a filter setup
like for all mail less than 250,000 bytes pipe through spamc.

Then filter all mail that has X-Spam-Status=yes to your spam box, mine is
"SpamPile"

Now, I have a little script that runs spam-learn on my inbox, SpamPile and a
few others daily. Mine runs from KAlarm.

Now, get and setup my_rules_du_Jour and rules_du_jour. You can get it from the
Exit0 SA Wiki Page at http://www.exit0.us/index.php/MyRulesDuJour. Follow the
directions there to use up my_rules_du_jour and rules_du_jour.

Then all I do is Friday after I get home from work I run a little script
manually that updates my_rules_du_jour, and my machine by urpmi. The
rules_du_jour part takes about 2 minutes to run.

So it takes about 8 minutes a month to control spam with SA.

Rob
a very happy SA user.

--

Linux Desktop user since 2000,