On Tuesday 27 July 2004 03:39 pm, flesh.99 wrote:

>>> it's all above, folks

I'm not sure this is a good idea, guys. "Ease of use" is one of the main
reasons for all of those rooted PC's out there that keep spamming us. It's
also the main source of all of those emails to windows help lists that begin,
"Ever since I installed BlahBlah, my computer (runs slow/keeps going to porn
pages/won't boot/makes my coffee taste funny)". Even for a simple single
user/home based PC, the act of having to enter the root password should point
out the seriousness of that which is to follow. On any networked system, of
course, user-installed software is a recipe for disaster.

-- cmg