On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> I'm having trouble....I just installed latest Mandrake and I can't get
> Xwindows to run.
> I have both a PCI and a AGP sis 6326 video cards and have tried both of them
> in it....any suggestions?
>
> ps, I live in a small town and would you believe all the computer stores in
> town only carry the sis...I've already tried to get a different type of
> card.

SIS is very tricky to set up. Basically, the easiest thing to do is
download the latest X server from ftp.linux-mandrake.com (and you do
NOT need X to do this. Type "ncftp" at the command line after
connecting to the 'net and once the prompt is up, type "open
ftp.linux-mandrake.com" and browse around in there! <G>)
        John