On Saturday 31 July 2004 06:31 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
| On Saturday 31 July 2004 06:59 am, Alan Dunford wrote:
|
| ->Thanks again Ron.  Did a reinstall and the urls and jpgs burst
| ->into life now as before.  Still have a lot of tidying up to do
| ->but the main problem is solved.
| ->
| ->A friend of mine (in electronics) said that when you solder
| ->connections on the end of a cable and when finished you find you
| ->have forgotten to put a fitting on the cable first, then having
| ->to do it again is penance for not doing it properly in the first
| ->place.  This is the price I am paying with Mandrake right now.
| ->(;-)
|
| Hmm, wonder what caused it in the first place though? Oh well, as long as
| its working, right?  :-)

The next time (if there is a next time), create a new user and see if
everything works.  If so, export your old user's address book to a directory
somewhere safe, and rename your .kde directory in the /home for your old
username.  Restart kde and log in as your old username, and everything will
probably work when kde creates a new .kde for your old username.  If it does,
remove your new user.  Be aware you will lose all your kde settings (hence
the backup of your address book--you can backup and maybe recover your mail,
also).