hi,
i doubt that this will work, but you could try entering
'user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]' in the kmail smtp server box, however
whenever i've seen this sort of login work it is for an interactive session
of some sort - ftp etc., otherwise what you need to do is send the mail from
kmail to another prog on local host that can be configured to send to
smtp.mynewisp.com.
i know that postfix will send direct to domains, but perhaps it can be set to
send all mail to one server?

bascule