On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> Windows 98 Second Edition (second try?) shipped the new Internet
> Connection Sharing functionality.
>
> As to the problem, it sounds like the Windows box isn't being referenced
> as the default gateway on the Linux machine.  Should be fixable using
> netcfg, linuxconf, or just editing /etc/sysconfig/network or
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.

I'm aware of the Win98 SE (I agree with your "second try?"
<G>) But since Linux is DESIGNED for that sort of thing
from the ground up and has been doing it for years, I'm
just wondering why anyone would prefer to use an MS product
when a MUCH better internet sharing system is already
built-into linux. :-)
        John