Len Lawrence wrote:

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:04:37 +0100
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Len Lawrence Sent: Thu 8/5/2004 10:03 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Cc: Subject: Re: [newbie] How to set up a wireless router? On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:50:22 +0100 Kevin Ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

------ big snip -------

Hi Len

With blueyonder your ip will be dynamic, so it changes regular unless you specify you want a static one, not sure how much it cost though. the Dhcp manages your clients automatically locally on your network. How far have you progressed then with the router? Are things working?

Haven't had time today - 24/7 job looking after invalid wife - probably have a go tomorrow morning. Thanks to you and everybody else for hints and
encouragement.

Cheers
--
Len Lawrence

No Probs Len

We all like to chipin ;)

Further to that. The router is now plugged in and running fine. Apart from service network restart there was very little action required. The hostname reverted to localhost.domain so /etc/hosts needed to be modified, and that was that. I am impressed.

I did not bother to clone the MAC address. Using the router MAC allows for more
flexibility on the LAN side without bothering Telewest.

Thanks again for all the advice.

That's great news Len. I was surprised when I logged into my account in selfcare on blueyonder, it said I did not have to register my network card any more which I'm pleased about. Because I'm going to add another to 2/3 machines to my network, however these machines will be located in my basement simply for testing server apps. Glad everything has come together for you in the end.

Kevin