Op Sat, 7 Aug 2004 18:11:08 +1000 schreef Trevor Rhodes:

>Any ideas why it either isn't being installed properly or
>Firefox isn't seeing the installation properly.

In your firefox/plugins directory, make a softlink (ln -s) that points
to the gcc32-version of libjavaplugin_oji.so.

Mine looks like this:

libjavaplugin_oji.so ->
/usr/lib/jdk-1.4.2_04/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so

After that, restart Firefox and you should be fine.

Perhaps you need to do a 'locate libjavaplugin' first, to find the
proper file. Good luck!

Paul

--
There are known knowns.