JRH wrote:
Ok,

I have downloaded and installed it, and it has asked me to set up a user account for Clam, which I have done.

However, I cant get it to scan my entire drive, as maybe I am doing something wrong.

I know the clamscan command starts it scanning, but it will only seen to scan the current directory which you happen to be in at the time.

With F-Prot, you type f-prot / and it will scan the entire drive, including the windows partition.

Any ideas what I need to be typing with clam, to get it to do this?

Thnaks,

JRH

Hi,

The command you need is "clamscan -r /" without the quotes if you want to scan the entire system. -r stands for recursive.

Mostly however, I just scan my Windows partitions. I figure that if there's any trouble, that's where it's most likely to be.

However, the Law of Excremental Occurrences has just kicked in. Just tried to run a scan and got the following message:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] graham]# clamscan -r /
LibClamAV Error: cl_hex2str(): Malformed hexstring: 633a5c312e626174000000003a2a3a456e6162 (length: 97)373637300000053797374656d5c43757272656e74436f
LibClamAV Error: readdb(): Malformed pattern line 1617 (file /var/lib/clamav/viruses.db2).
ERROR: Malformed database.