Hoyt Bailey wrote:

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 08:04, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 14:48, Hoyt Bailey wrote:

<snip>

Kaj;
What kind of scanner are you using I'v been checking out the
LS-2000 but might be interested in other's.

</snip>

John Richard Smith has been extremely helpful to me. He knows more
than somewhat about scanning and recommended an Epson Perfection
2400 Photo. My main interest in scanning is as a substitute for my
old-fashioned darkroom ( I realise, that doing it the old way with
enlargers, developers, fixers etc.. etc... is too time consuming
for about 5000 old negatives). It was a little hard to get that
particular scanner where I live, but it finally arrived. I've used
it now for about a week, and I'm very happy with it. It set me back
200 ?. Well worth the money !

Kaj Haulrich.

Thanks Kaj.

If you have supply problems, I'm pretty sure I can get one in UK quite easily.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]