W liście z śro, 18-08-2004, godz. 15:18, Hoyt Bailey pisze:
> > Er..... No
> > I have just gone through updating my nVidia driver because I wanted
> > to look at 'FlightGear" and that showed me that the only way to deal
> > with nVidia drivers is by getting what you need from their site and
> > go from there.
> > Good luck, 'cause this newbie took two nights and three finger nails
> > to get through it and though things appear to be working OK, I don't
> > see any improvement on my system though yours might mean a general
> > repair is the result.
> I dont know if there is any improvement because I cant get glxgears to
> run with the new kernel.  I also don't understand why, if nvidia is
> built into the kernel, why I should have to install the run file from
> nvidia,  did the packager screw up or somethinng?

I'm not sure but those built into the kernel are something like generic
video drivers. They doesn't handle so called 'acceleration' (OpenGL
thing). Am I right?

As for the NVidia installer I haven't got any problems with that. You
just have to remember to turn your X server off and run it as a root
(and try to read carefully :)).
--
Cezary 'Thereidos' Morga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Registered Linux User No. 362185