On Saturday 21 Aug 2004 11:51 am, Vincent Voois wrote:
[snip]
> The only windowmanager i use in there is called "screen" and i have
> no need of more :P (No mouse, just keyboard only)

But on my screen I can get 2.5 80 column terminals side-by-side, and
they have a lot more than 25 rows. I can match the six virtual
terminals with almost no overlap, and without switching desktops.
Logging in takes longer, but only a few seconds (XFCE4), and I only
have to do it once. Logging out is easy, and I only have to do that
once as well.

Why use the screen? You can get linux to use a dumb terminal as the
console and hide the computer away somewhere. Better, if you get an
8-way serial i/f, you can have a terminal in every room.

--
Richard Urwin