On Sunday 22 August 2004 10:57 pm, C. Tresenriter wrote:
> I'm trying to set up RAID 1 array with two 160G WD Caviar disks.
> Both disks are new and blank
> POST shows the RAID PCI card but shows one disk as 0 MB.
> Switching cables, positions on the PCI card and the PCI slots
> themselves makes no difference. When I go into the SATA setup and
> choose RAID 1 the program freezes whether I choose automatic or
> manual setup. Occasionally when I choose RAID 1 (or 0) it tells me
> there are not enough drives to set up an array,
>
> If  anyone experienced with setting up a RAID array might have an
> educated guess as to whether the PCI card or the mobo may be a cause
> for this behavior or any other ideas, it would be much appreciated.

I'm really not trying to be rude, just practical, but since this question
actually has nothing to do with Linux, the support site for your card or
motherboard might be a better place to ask about this.

Also, I think you will find that SATA RAID support is somewhat lacking in the
linux kernel, so even if you could set up a RAID 1, I think you will have
trouble installing Mandrake on it (assuming that is what you are trying to
do). I am sure there are other s out there with more experience though.  You
might want to try the expert list on this one.
--
/g