Mark Ramsey wrote:

> I like "Using Linux Fourth Edition" by Jack Tackett, Jr. and Steven
Burnett
> Published by QUE

just my 3 cents worth,

I use O'Reilly's "Running Linux 3rd edition"--
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/runux3/ ,

and also Walnut Creeks  " Linux The Complete Reference "--
http://www.cdrom.com/titles/linux/linbkset.phtml .

In my experience i have found The Complete Reference an excellent book
for
newbie's ( actually my first contact with Linux 3 yrs ago ) with, imho,
excellent install and user sections.  It also comes with a "complete"
set of
howto's and mini howto's. so far from what i have gone through, they r
completely up to date, as found on howto sites.

Running Linux i find is, again imho, an excellent source for a more  in
depth
look at running Linux.

David