On 18/04/00, at 22:46, Michael Holt [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>On the contrary, I've used quite a few 'xxx for dummies' books, and they
>give you a great start on a topic in simple language (not everyone has a
>computer science degree).

I agree as well.  There is a good one called The Complete Idiot's Guide
to Linux, that has a good intro to KDE and basic command line stuff.

Kirk

                                vice versa
  Translations - French to English, English to French | Technical Writing
  Traductions francais-anglais, anglais-francais      | Redaction technique
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.mcelhearn.com
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France