Dear Wally,

I realy don't know, I am very confused and lost. Can you tell me how can I set up my local network i.e. what IP address should I use?

BR

Wally Brown wrote:

Why is your DNS pointing to 192.168.2.1? Do you have a router handling the
DNS?  If so, why isn't everything in the same subnet (192.168.1.0).  When
you use a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 it tell the computers that your local
network is 192.168.1.xxx.  You will require a router to access anything not
in that range i.e.: 192.168.2.xxx... and so on.

Your MDK configuration of the SAMBA client / Server will have to be
configured for use within a WORKGROUP.  Windows also has a funny way of not
showing up in some network environments until you actually share a printer
or folder.

Good luck

Wally

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MyEE Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 10:00 PM To: MDK Subject: [newbie] [HAB] Small Network at Home

Dears,

I am trying to setup a small network at home consisting of MDK10 and Win98 connected together through by two Ethernet card and a cable using Samba.

I setup my network as shown below. I wonder if I am missing anything. Can anyone help with IP addresses. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial for this

Linux Box MDK10
Workgroup HABGROUP
IP  192.168.1.1
DNS  192.168.2.1