W liście z czw, 26-08-2004, godz. 04:37, Peter Davis pisze:
> On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 20:03, Thereidos wrote:
> > W liście z czw, 26-08-2004, godz. 00:51, Peter Davis pisze:
> > > I'm running Ximian/Novell Evolution 1.4.6 on Mandrake 10.0.  The system
> > > is a 500 MHz Pentium with 256Mb of RAM.  Evolutionn seems to be very
> > > slow.  Painting the message list, painting each message, switching
> > > messages, etc.
> > >
> > > Is this typical?  Any way to speed it up?  I'll confess that I was very
> > > anxious to try Evolution after reading its praises everywhere.
> >
> > It's not typical, but if you won't tell us what's exactly going on
> > (maybe try running it in console and send the printout over here) we
> > will not be able to help.
>
> I'm not sure what "running it in console" means.  I tried running it
> from a shell command, but I'm not getting any information back.  What's
> the printout?

I meant running the program from shell, and by printout I meant
everything that will show up in shell/console window while program is
running.

> > As for the program itself I've switched to evolution about a week or two
> > ago and must admit that completely as a PIM it suites my needs much
> > better than kontact but it lacks proper mail and folders handling (which
> > is better in kmail), though the way evo. imports mail from pop servers
> > seems better (faster at my box). I also miss those beautiful qt widgets
> > (no, I don't like gtk's).
>
> I haven't tried Kmail, but I've used literally dozens of mail readers
> over the last few years (Mozilla, mutt, MH/MH-E, pine, Sylpheed-Claws,
> Eudora, etc.).  As I said, I've heard such raves for Evolution that I
> was anxious to try it.  It looks pretty good so far, though I need to
> learn more shortcuts, etc.  However, if I can't get the screen painting
> faster, I won't stick with it.

I know what you mean, but dunno how to help you.
If you'll get to response here try the expert list...

And one more thing, clear your 'reply to' field 'cause this way those
two posts (quoted above) haven't reached the list...
--
Cezary 'Thereidos' Morga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Registered Linux User No. 362185 <http://counter.li.org>