Derek Jennings wrote:

On Thursday 26 August 2004 09:11, Frank wrote:

Right now I am unable to use kde or any of its apps.

SNIP

During my last session I installed QTCurve, a couple of session ago I
installed nVidia for OpenGL.
Also during the last session I did urpmi kdelibs and kdebase after
seeing a security bulletin from Mandrake.

SNIP

The 'thac' RPMS you installed came from the MandrakeClub testing server (not the security updates)

I had a similar experience when I tried thac's RPMs.
I had to remove kdebase completely (which takes out a whole bunch of KDE applications) remove club.testing from my urpmi sources, and then reinstall kdebase and all the other KDE stuff again.
If you are unable to get online at the moment you will have to use urpmi with the --media switch to force it to use your CD media.

To avoid this sort of thing in the future. When performing updates use urpmi with the --update switch to only use the security update server.

derek

Thanks derek, that sounds about right so I will bone up on wvdial and pppd to attempt to get Linux online so that with thac's and norluc(I think) removed already, I might be able to update kdelibs and kdebase correctly.