On Tuesday 24 August 2004 8:03 am, Hoyt Bailey wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]$ sensors
> Can't access procfs/sysfs file
> Unable to find i2c bus information;
> For 2.6 kernels, make sure you have mounted sysfs and done
> 'modprobe i2c_sensor'!
> For older kernels, make sure you have done 'modprobe i2c-proc'!
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]$ su
> Password:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# modprobe i2c_sensor
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# sensors
> No sensors found!
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# sensors-detect
> No i2c device files found. Use prog/mkdev/mkdev.sh to create them.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# /mkdev/mkdev.sh
> bash: /mkdev/mkdev.sh: No such file or directory
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]#

Before mandrake released the version of lm_sensors for my board, Asus A7N8X, I
tried to compile it for use with Mandrake's kernels. I had no luck at all.

One needs to both compile i2c and lm_sensors along with the kernel sources to
get it right. Its really time to read the instructions, something I was
having a hard time doing before the rpm came out. I personally think
lm_sensors is about the hardest program I have ever tried to get to work
thanks due to the rpm, I don't have to suffer anymore.

I believe that it is also possible to go back to the 2.8.4 that you just had
lousy readings from, and adjust the sensors so they read correctly.

BTW, I believe that the path  /mkdev/mkdev.sh is meant to be within the source
code folder, so that a program that usually runs during make or make-install
is run.

--

Linux Desktop user since 2000,
Home networker since shortly after.