On Monday 23 August 2004 2:55 am, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> I installed lm_sensors-2.8.5.tar.gz and everything went ok (no errors).
> But when I run sensors-detect the following happens:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]# sensors-detect
> No i2c device files found. Use prog/mkdev/mkdev.sh to create them.
> I dont have a clue about that.

Unless you have a mobo that needs 2.8.5 uninstall it. a 'make-uninstall' may
do it for you. If you wonder if you need it, or what you need, there is a
full list on the lm_sensors, and i2c sites.

Quite frankly, they are a pain to properly install from source. The rpm is far
easier. just get a fresh copy of the mdk package of lm_sensors, and install
it via urpmi.

Then run sensors-detect, and all should be fine.

Rob

--

Linux Desktop user since 2000,
Home networker since shortly after.