On Friday 27 August 2004 00:27, Rob Blomquist wrote:
<snip>
> BTW, I believe that the path  /mkdev/mkdev.sh is meant to be within
> the source code folder, so that a program that usually runs during
> make or make-install is run.
I finally found /mkdev.sh burried in lm_sensors-2.8.5
directory. /home/hoyt/Programs/lm_sensors-2.8.5/prog/mkdev/mkdev.sh
 Running the mkdev.sh allows sensors-detect to run but in the end I
could not get the temp's, fans into gkrellm. The following seems to be
the problem:
1. For 2.6 kernels, make sure you have mounted sysfs and done
'modprobe i2c_sensor'!
2. For older kernels, make sure you have done 'modprobe i2c-proc'!
Line 1 seems important but I dont know what it means.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] hoyt]$ locate sysfs
/home/hoyt/Programs/lm_sensors-2.8.5/doc/developers/sysfs-interface
There are a lot of sysfs entries but apparantly there is one missing.

--
Regards:
Hoyt