On Tuesday 31 August 2004 10:15, Avi Schwartz wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2004, at 6:36, Kassem Nasser wrote:
> > Hi guys
> > I installed Man10 but I was faced with a lot of packages installing
> > errors
> > during installation like 'error in installing packege appache2', but I
> > continued installing it.
> > when everything is finished and I rebooted the system ,when it arrived
> > to the
> > user menu there was about ten users that I did not ask for them like
> > 'appache,
> > xfc,administrator,kassem,..'and when I clicked on my account and
> > filled the
> > password the screen blinks and goes back to the users menu.
> > Anybody know what is wrong.
>
> I faced a similar nightmare install few weeks ago and eventually I
> found that the problem was defective memory.  Try to boot from the
> first CD and instead of starting the install, run memtest and let it
> test your memory at least for one full cycle.
>
> Avi

are you typing the password with the num locks on or off?? have you tried it
the other way? the settings for your display manager are what is showing
every user. when you are at the password prompt, in X (so you are seeing
those names)  try to do a ctrl+alt+f3 (or f1 thru f6) and try to login there.
if you give up trying to log in, get back and we will start your computer with
single user mode (linux1 after hitting escape when the lilo prompt is up.

--
linux counter #167806