Derek Jennings wrote:

On Sunday 12 September 2004 17:04, Bobby wrote:

When I had installed MDK 10.0 I also had the apache web server,
everything related to PHP, and MySQL installed during the initial
installation and been updating them when they needed to be updated.  I
build websites for the fun of it, but I'm having trouble accessing the
database. Would I need go into the Konsole and set myself up in MySQL.

I had always used Fox Serv, when it installed in my windows hdd it set
everything up including the MySQL during the installation.

Bobby

Yes any application accessing the mySQL database will need a user name and password defined. (Do not use root)

The best way to manage MySQL IMO is to install phpMyAdmin read the instructions at /usr/share/doc/phpMyAdmin and then point your browser at http://localhost/admin/phpMyAdmin/index.php

Be careful with security. It is important to make sure the phpMyAdmin page is not visible from the internet

derek

When ever I use phpMyAdmin I always rename it and setting it so have to log in whenever I access phpMyAdmin. I thought I might had to setup the a user just wasn't sure. Oh yeah most of the time I use MySQL Control Center at which both has it's good and bad point when I was dealing with this in windows.

Bobby