On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 21:39, Eric Scott wrote:
>       Yo;
> Though I'm not a proficient or experience developer, I like to tinker
> with code every now and then and learn what I can.  What are some of the
> best development environments can I run on my Mandrake 9.1 box that have
> something like the intuitiveness of KDevelop and something in the
> neighborhood, or at least the same state, as Visual Studio .net?
>              Thanx,
>                ES

Eric,

You won't find much that's superior to Kdevelop, that I know about,
anyway.  If you like, you can download a version of Kylix from Borland
for linux and check that out.

I have looked at Kylix, but I don't like it because it's just too darn
big and complicated.  Kylix is tailored for the GUI programmer, and has
alot of crap that I don't think is necessary(borland widget libraries).
But evidently someone does, and I'm not a Borland widget type guy.
Kylix seems geared to put you into Borland's libraries, while Kdevelop
is engineered to make things as functional as possible without
sacrificing ease of use.  Kdevelop is geared towards getting your
project documented, debugged, compiled, tested, packaged, and out the
door.

LX