Sorry about the HTML. Just reformatted and for got to change from the default (send in both).
Tom

Tom & Karen Pino wrote:

This all sounds interesting.  There are a couple of problems.

Many of these problems are due to my ignerce. As in what is urpmi? I looked that up and am now really confused. However, Lorin seems to get something out of the fine info I am gleaning from you fine folks.

This last caused confusion to both of us. Lorin has the advantage of a linux system (even if it doesn't seem to work right). He has installed "rpm drake" which sounds handy. He looked up gpm and rpm and seemed to understand that. It seems that the libgpm stuff was not installed because of a failure to auto detect his mouse. He thinks that he got it installed. The mouse still does not work and he seems to have screwed up the number key pad being used as the moving force for his cursor. He can figure that out I am sure.

I do not think that the urpmi stuff will help him yet as he is not online as the modem has not been detected either and he wants to figure out the mouse problem first.

I went to the "easy urpmi" site and can't understand what they ae talking about. Remember that I am using Win98 (be kind). What the devil do they mean by "type this in a console" (I can wrap my brain around the "as root" part). Console?

Lorin is also getting a notice on loading that "loading default keymap failed". Does this have anything to do with the mouse problem or is it some other problem altogether?
Your in ignerce,
Tom