On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 23:07, David B. Carter wrote:
> Just for the heck of it (although I have no idea what it means), I tried
> running pypanel with a "&" after it. I did it several times, and this was
> what the output to the terminal window looked like:
>
> [ddecjc]$ pypanel &
> [1] 4777
> [ddecjc]$ pypanel &
> [2] 4792
> [1]   Segmentation fault      pypanel
>
> Does this mean anything to anyone?

Er, it means you had a seg fault...

MEANWHILE...

[23:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~]$ pypanel
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Xlib/display.py:30: DeprecationWarning:
Non-ASCII character '\xf6' in file
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Xlib/protocol/display.py on line 749,
but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html
for details
  import protocol.display
Segmentation fault

....after getting curious about this issue, I tried to get it all going
myself - with the same "seg fault" results - methinks something is
amiss, y'all reckon? Can't seem to find anything else out about it and I
CERTAINLY AIN'T going to break python on this installation as that's
what caused me to migrate from a nice stable 9.1 installation to 10.0
OE...(but I gave it a shot)

--
stephen kuhn
GNU/Linux/OpenSource Solutions and Alternatives