On Sunday 17 Oct 2004 19:53, Björn Olsson wrote:

> > Bjorn:
> > I don't mean to send you on a wild goose chase, but have you asked
> > Epson? Way back when I first thought about installing Mandrake 7.0, I
> > got prompt and useful responses from Creative (sound card), Zoom
> > (modem) and Matrox (video). OTOH, Brother (printer) came back with
> > "Huh?". I learned elsewhere that my printer would work if I set it up
> > as some kind of HP Laser at the cost of reduced resolution; since then
> > cups sets it up right out of the box.-- cmg
>
> Carroll,
>
> No, I haven't asked Epson yet. Asking the manufacturer och vendor is
> always the last resort, isn't it?  ;-)
> However, I have gone over their website without finding anything
> worthwhile. But you are right, It _is_ worth asking, so I'll give them a
> call tomorrow.

Epson used to have a page on their website where it listed printers that work
with linux, and giving a download of the package iscan - rather like xsane -
but it doesn't seem to be there now.  Perhaps iscan hasn't been recoded for
2.6 kernels, so they pulled the plug.  It's definitely worth asking them.  I
wouldn't expect the knee-jerk 'what's linux' reaction from Epson.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302