On Sunday 17 October 2004 21:04, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Sunday 17 October 2004 20:53, Björn Olsson wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Carroll,
> >
> > No, I haven't asked Epson yet. Asking the manufacturer och
> > vendor is always the last resort, isn't it?  ;-)
> > However, I have gone over their website without finding
> > anything worthwhile. But you are right, It _is_ worth asking,
> > so I'll give them a call tomorrow.
> >
> > Björn
>
> </snip>
>
> As another comment :
>
> Epson Perfection 2400 Photo works excellent on my MDK 10.1 CE.
> Although it isn't listed as a fully compatible scanner, the 2480
> will probably work.
>
> You could try to use one of Epson's linux drivers from here :
>
> http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html
>
> I tried one of those drivers, but it insisted on "device busy" or
> some such, so I did'nt bother, but use xsane as my default
> driver.
>
> A 100 % pleasure.

I forgot something :

Epson scanners - including 2480 - are well supported by Vuescan from
Hamrick Software. Although it is commercial it is reasonably
priced :

http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

Vuescan works great, but it is a bit more complicated (too many
options for my small brain) than xsane.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *