On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 07:26 -0500, Randall D. Hobbs wrote:
> On Sunday 17 October 2004 12:00 am, Jack wrote:
> > Yes I do.  On another matter...
> >
> > Is it possible that Konstruct interfered with my winXP setup on c:
> > drive?  I just spent the last 2 hours recovering my windows system.  I
> > might have mentioned that I'm dual-booting.  Does konstruct do anything
> > to the c: drive (hda)?  My linux is on hdc and nothing from here should
> > touch hda.
>
> Actually no - not that I can see anyway. I grepped through the source, looking
> for anything to do with hda, and got nothing. I haven't read any reports of
> it messing with any other partitions either. What happened to the partition?
> I take it it was something that was able to be recovered? (no permanent
> damage?)

Hi Randall...

My XP partition went "poof".  I think it was a faulty mbr.  My Drive
Image 7.0 image backup didn't work so I was forced to unhook my boot
manager, rebuild XP with the repair function, and then re-install my
boot manager.  All told it took me 2 hours.

This is not the first time fooling around with something in Linux has
killed my XP partition.  (You'd think having each operating system on
separate disks would prevent these problems but it doesn't apparently.)
It tends to make me wary but how does one learn without "fooling
around."   :-)

I have now abandoned Drive Image for Paragon Drive Backup 6.0 which
comes highly recommended.  It even uses Linux on it's recovery CD.  I do
*not* want to have to depend on Window's repair function.  It takes as
long as a full install.  Paragon DB even images my Linux installation so
now I should be doubly protected (though I would prefer to never have to
find out if I truly am).

- Jack