Miark wrote:

What do you do to verify discs?

Do you still have the iso file ?

Yes.

Miark

OK, simple enough.

First check iso image file md5sum,
you probably know how to do this anyway,but,

In a terminal,
cd <path to iso image file directory>  enter
md5sum <iso image file>
check the return against the published md5sum.

then you need to know the iso image file size to the last byte.

so,
ls -l <iso image file>

Divide the size of the ISO image file by 2048 to get the
number of sectors, and record that sum (=n, hereafter)

Then burn the iso image file contents to CD.
I use cdrecord, I like the data output, and note,
cdrecord will publish your sector count it should
agree with the above sector calculation, watch
the script carefully, it flashes by.

Then, making sure the CD you just burned isn't mounted:

in terminal,
dd if=/dev/scd0 bs=2048 count=n | md5sum -
(note the  " - "  on the end, don't leave it off.

change the /dev/scd0 to whatever device setting your
drive is on your system.
and where   n   is the number of sectors calculated above.

All 3  md5sums should agree,
ie, the published, your iso file, and the CD.
If they don't agree you have either a duff write,
or duff iso file.

Hope this helps you,

John