On Wednesday 27 October 2004 23:39, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

> Therefore, I wanted to follow Tom's advice and install the
> 2.6.8.1-10 kernel.  Can't find it anywhere, though.  Even
> rpmfind.net doesn't come up with it.
>
> Maybe I should try the 2.4 kernel for 10.1 ?
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

You could try the 2.4 kernel but that'll have a few other quircks:(
Like Anne said, the 2.6.1-10 kernel should be on the dload discs and if you
haven't got it I'll be more than happy to put it up for dload for you....just
say the word:)

Methinks there's something ugly going on between "hotplug" and "udev" on your
system...so you might consider disabling both and using "devfs" as a service
at boot instead.
I'm still using 2.6.1-10 (with udev) and thus can't stat your bug....it's
definitely worth investigating though.

--
Good luck,
HarM