On Thursday 28 October 2004 10:54, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> However, I can retrieve my photos by booting into runlevel 3, mount
> the camera as /dev/sda1 and copy the files over.  Then reboot to
> cool down the CPU.  Circumstantial, I think.....

doing telint 1 should also resolve that, after which you can telinit 3 or 5
again. I.e. you shouldn't need to reboot.

Installing 2.4 was bound to give you problems, especially in respect to
certain modules 2.6 has.

Going into mcc and disabling udev as well as enabling devfs "at boot" in the
<system> <services> department is what might resolv something.

BTW, doesn't the box quiten down when removing the camera?

--
Good luck,
HarM