On Thursday 28 October 2004 00:06, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 23:56, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > Wish me luck.
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich.
>
> I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...as it sounds like a mess
> on your box right now....sweaty palms et all, heh?:)
>
> Don't uninstall/re-install too quickly though. Sounds sort of
> windosy to me to be a real help.....just install the kernels and
> let them get added to lilo.
>
> Check that they're pointing to the right kernels/initrd's
> though!!!!! I somehow I allways have to get my hands dirty there.
> Got mdk 10.1, slackware10.0 and Suse running comfortably on this
> box though, booting through lilo.

Well H.J. my palm are WET.  I know the feeling of messing around
in /boot and lilo !

Right now I installed the 2.6.8.1-10 kernel, with no evident errors.
But the camera still behaves like in the -12 kernel.  So no go
here.  Next, I'll try to install the 2.4 kernel.  Hopefully that'll
change things to the better.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *