Alexander Ruoff wrote:
Am Do, den 28.10.2004 schrieb Graham Watkins um 8:22:

Well, why?

In the past I've mostly used Star Office 5.2 which while it doesn't go at the speed of light, leaves Open Office 1.1 standing.

(snipped)

Is everyone else here having the same experience?

How do you cope?

(snipped again)

How much memory do you have? I used until recently a PIII 450 with 128
MB, MDK 10.0 in the office and OO was slow but it didn't need 15 Minutes
to open a document.

Now with a Celeron D and 512 MB OO is fast and I see no difference with
my Pentium M and 512 MB. Thus I assume that it's either due to low
memory or there is a problem with your OO installation. Have you tried
to reinstall OO yet?

Alex

PS: Even my really old K6 200 with 112 MB doesn't need 15 mins to open a
file with OO, I just tested it... ('bout 30 secs for 10,7 kb)

I'm running 224Mb ram which I would have thougbt was enough. Although vid memory is probably a bit light at 16Mb