On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:28:24 -0400
JoeHill disseminated the following:

> > What did I do wrong?
>
> In your home dir, create create a file called '.xinitrc'.
>
> edit the file like so:
>
> exec pekwm
>
> Save it, make it executable (chmod +x .xinitrc)
>
> then when you log in:
>
> 'startx'

Oh, and when you see a plain grey background and a mouse cursor, try to contain
your exuberance ;-) It gets better; getting your config the way you want it can
be time consuming, but *very* rewarding.

If you are serious about trying it out, you will want to build a more current
version. I'm more than happy to help out if you want :-)

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
17:53:04 up 86 days, 17:43, 4 users, load average: 0.13, 0.03, 0.01