On Sunday 07 November 2004 14:08, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Sunday 07 November 2004 19:12, Eric Scott wrote:
> > Yo peeps;
> > I'm trying to set up an NFS server on my Mandrake 9.2 server with client
> >
> > access from a SuSE 9.1 box. ÂHere's what I did on the server:
> > >[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> ssh sipca.org
> > >[EMAIL PROTECTED]'s password:
> > >[EMAIL PROTECTED] eric]$ su
> > >Password:
> > >[EMAIL PROTECTED] eric]# vi /etc/exports
> >
> > <snip>
> > Added "/var/www/html  sipca.org(ro,root_squash)"
> > </snip>
> >
> > >[EMAIL PROTECTED] eric]# exportfs -r
> > >exportfs: /etc/exports [2]: No 'sync' or 'async' option specified for
> > > export "*:/home/eric".
> > > ÂAssuming default behaviour ('sync').
> > > ÂNOTE: this default has changed from previous versions
> > >exportfs: /etc/exports [3]: No 'sync' or 'async' option specified for
> > > export "sipca.org:/var/www/html".
> > > ÂAssuming default behaviour ('sync').
> > > ÂNOTE: this default has changed from previous versions
> > >[EMAIL PROTECTED] eric]#
> >
> > On the SuSE box I got:
> > >linux:/mnt # mount -t nfs sipca.org:/var/www/html /mnt/athlonxp
> > >pmap_getmaps rpc problem: RPC: Timed out
> > >mount: sipca.org:/var/www/html failed, reason given by server:
> > > Permission denied
> >
> > I'm new to NFS... and all this I just tried from a googled howto. ÂAny
> > help? Thanx,
> > Â Â ÂES
>
> Are you running a firewall? If so you need to open port 111 and also make
> sure the portmapper service is running.
>
> BTW: The easy way for newbies to set up NFS servers is to use the 'NFS
> Mount' GUI in Mandrake Control Centre. ÂIt works over an ssh link. Just
> start 'mcc' from your ssh shell.
>
> derek

Whelp I don't have a firewall... and I don't know about you but my MCC only
lets me mount servers with NFS Mounts, not create them. ÂAm I missing
something? ÂMy entire /etc/exports file is as follows:

/home/eric   Â*(rw)
/var/www/html  *(rw)

It says "permission denied" when I try to access. ÂAny help?

--
Registered Linux user #366862

Not that you care, but this message was sent from a 750MHz Athlon system
running SuSE Linux 9.1 (Kernal 2.6.5) and KMail 1.62. ÂI aslo run Red Hat
Linux 8.0 (Kernal 2.4.18), Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Kernal 2.2.20), Mandrake
Linux 9.2 (Kernal 2.4.22), and YellowDog Linux 3.0 (Kernal 2.4.20) on various
systems and architectures for various reasons. ÂYeah, and there's a old Mac
OS in there somewhere that I use as a bootloader for Linux, and a Windows XP
box used as a router for my Linux-based network, but they don't count, 'cuz
they aren't "real" OS's. ÂWho me? Biased? Nah!